Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Lost in the land of poems

Poetry na pilit, yeah, I think that's best describe my poems here, laughs. I was reading some sample ones from Mr. Krip Yuson's column and it's really far from what he called poems thus far when I tried to take a second look at mine, laughs. I thought if it rhymes then it must be a poem, laughs. But you have to hide its meaning pa pala, that thing you're trying to communicate in a poem I mean. You have to make a detour in explaining your thoughts, no direct hit pa :> for it's prohibited, you'll break the rule, hmn. I thought a poem is free flowing in thought and in expression, so whatever goes does it, pero meron pa palang trick, tsk! Then I need to learn more and hard if I want my poem to be considered as one true poem. Well, I'm really thankful that I am learning from his articles. Thanks so much, Mr. Yuson :) As if he is reading this, but none the less I've said my part, my thanks... although I'm the one that is really hard to teach, now that I'm old, laughs. Oh well. Like the saying that goes, "it's hard to teach old dogs new tricks" laughs. And it might be similar to some people that if you tell them to turn left, they'll do the opposite, they'll turn right or vice versa. Like a writer who admitted doing that in her lost universe of nowhere, laughs. Or similar to a dog that's being told to sit and to your surprise it jumped instead right in front of you. Now if your patience is short or none, beware for you might need to be somewhere else, laughs. Gosh! But poems and people are partners and are perfectly intertwined. That is what I believe and that is what I like...