Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Caught in a lie

Once a salesman
knocked at my door
shoulders full of bag
filled with goodies and all

Smooth words at play
plus a wide smile you see
buy these it's perfect
to make your life easier and fit

You let him into the house
offered him a drink a cup
with amazement you stopped
what ever that preoccupied your mind

Products of truth you bought
but when you used them it brought
disappointments, of no use
did not deliver you the goods

My, my, my, what a sham
that your life had become
you've been played upon
by a smooth talking illusionist, a magician...

Tsk! what a poem, if I can call it that, laughs. But it happens all the time in our lives. We caught people in despicable lies. It makes us sad, unhappy, but better late than never, meaning, at least you're not being played upon for the rest of your life :)