Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year's Day V1

it snowed on New Year's eve and all through the night. that white powdery flakes from the sky fell and covered these dormant branches of the american sycamore tree. a dreamy wonderland to welcome 2008. very lovely! :> and underneath this white snow where you see it covering the top of the hedges, an ornamental plant of the evergreen family but smaller, with their leaves intact even winter, they don't fall...inside the branches are where the birds stay during winter. i see them go out during the day and it's just an amazing sight. i love birds, any kind :) and to see them right there near you in the window is just terribly nice! one time i ran to grab my camera but too late for they flew as i ran back to take a shot, but they're just there like 3 feet far from me with just the glass window as the barrier. can you imagine that? terrific! and you know what? i was the designated bird feeder for those colorful love birds in San Lorenzo by senorita, bird seeds like sunflower seeds and greens the ones that you make salad with i forgot the name, laughs. so it seems like birds follow me, laughs, and these birds like to look at me in the eye it seems like. and also every new years' party and believe me what a party they were, with 3 days of cooking, that food extravaganza with all of the trimmings that go with it. the rich party like no other, laughs. me all dressed in a maid's uniform, i am also the designated plate server on display, gosh! senorita always picked me. i think I'm the favorite, laughs. but my most memorable one is when the couple and their first grandson and me went for a drive near nasugbu beach, near that beach mansion that they have and stopped in this shallow flowing creek with crystal clear water. them, our employers are very lovey dovey couple, you know holding hands and all and here is me witnessing these private moments! for again i was the designated caretaker of the 2 year old blond cute boy, laughs. and now blondes are all over where i am, so...i think I'm not making sense here new year pa naman. nah, just memories are made of these...connections that is, laughs. oh well.