Tuesday, December 25, 2007

One Little Xmas Tree by Stevie Wonder


a very very interesting thought is this one. my parents were poor, like this little Xmas tree here compared to the one in San Lorenzo. Senorita had a big Xmas tree, every year. if they, my parents had enrolled me at the Philippine Science School then, which i think i would be qualified being me (with my "hard work and dedication" to anything that looks like a book, this is school book okay?") i had the highest grade and been on top in that honor roll call, laughs, amongst only just 200 students, would i be in a different field of study? say in literature and had been a writer, a poet? hmn. really, circumstance and fate had worked here clearly for me...my aunt who was a good cook introduced me instead to her Spanish rich boss who owned a bank and a mining company and built me up so maybe she thought, this was my senorita "that my mind is a terrible thing to waste" laughs. remember that motto of the "negro, united black college foundation?" so she, senorita, with that in mind probably had sent me to a very excellent catholic nursing university. i remembered clearly she told me that UST not UP is the best school for nursing and she had the money to fund my education so, i just followed her lead. with this i was inclined to believe that i was lucky and had Divine intervention, like sort of a Divine connection to fulfill what was meant for me, my destiny which is to be a nurse. although senorita always joked at me then that she should have sent me to be an MD instead, darn! again, citing my life as an example, what will become of us is the result of what God had wanted us to be, our divine destiny. and BTW, my aunt's name is "Maria" like the virgin Mary. and also i had two uncles that loved to invent things being cited by their teachers then as a genius, laughs. yeah very true. just sad that they were poor so money had limited their future, but i think God had meant a different route for them for they died on their 20's, very young both by pneumonia which is very fatal then without the necessary medical intervention. now if i was in a Literature or English class, then i wouldn't be despised as to how i expressed myself in the Internet in one writer's blog and then nationally by another writer which "he" wrote that he had low tolerance for idiots? like me being not superior in intellect in the writing world. i took it like a man err like a woman, for i thought if given the chance i could have been one like him, laughs. in the discipline where he is in. and that is hitting one maid so low beneath the belt. ouch! that was me, laughs. but really, intelligence is multifaceted. one excels in one field of endeavour as another one does in a different one. now I'm thinking i never read a book that has much merit to it, except the bible every now and then. you could tell for i can't come up with anything in my profile, laughs. but imagine the possibilities that my brain would had become if i was introduced to a lot of books in my formative years? laughs. a maid like me could? or maybe will be able to write a dissertation, whatever that means, laughs. for truly if i didn't Google it, i had only a very little idea of it, laughs. oh well. but again that wasn't my divine destiny so it never happened. instead, i am a nurse now living my life in America, instead of being another in a different world in a different field...and with my conversation style of English for i did pick up with what my environment is there to offer, in their media outlets. i would think it would be very different again if i had opened their books, American books, that is :) although I'm not a reader, by choice though. i can find time if i want to. one of my reasoning is that i don't want to be influenced by another mind although I'm pretty sure it will be of tremendous help, but the hard headed me can't seem to go in that direction :) but i do pick up books which eventually would end up being unread. like the one by president Clinton's mom, on how to raise a son that would become a president and those books about princess Diana and self help books which would be very handy if i am interested in doing something that i like and love to do...so you can tell, the books that i pick up are the things that would "help" me live my life a little easier... and hopefully a little happier too...that does count, i have "intelligence?"laughs.
***
and i hope you liked Stevie Wonder Xmas song here that is playing on air right now, for i do. a very meaningful music for this yuletide season. a blind artist since infancy but overcome his circumstance in life. hmn, can he be considered a genius too? now that is the question :)
***
and to add, can we call the ones with higher IQ's here as the "cream of the crop?") and the oppposites as the "cream of the crap?") :> hmn, way back, i came across with a write up with that title, and that raised curiosity in me, laughs. oh well. but really, intelligence is not all there is, for compassion, love, and understanding another human being whatever their IQ is, has far more reaching value in human terms that God would smile at, that i believe so in my heart :) also what bugs me with this tree that i decorated is, my cousin told me that i have artistic ability, really? and where is that? laughs. oh well. my cousin wants to be in my good graces or plainly love me, hmn. until now i still couldn't figure out the right answer to that, so talk about reading people here. which sometimes i claim that i think i can do, laughs. so to me... only just a luck in that draw. stop and hold my horses, laughs. whatever that means. very funny! this is good about a blog for you can say err write whatever you want to, with the thought that you're being read? that, really i'm not sure. but whatever the case is, to do whatever i'd like my fingers to take me, typing away my thoughts :> with my brain as the firing engine...so that's that :)