Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Permanent Goodbye?

To you I bid adieu, my ever dearest dad
Today I print a heart, a red and ready mark
A sign of love to you that will forever last

Those years went flipping by
Like kites flown in the sky
With memories so vivid, so colorfully inclined

You'd always stop to reprimand
Forget to pout or ever put my hand
On that pale face without a song, or ever without a smile

To dress my heart with hope
To push my limits to the roof
And to catch and keep the proof

Well dad here I am today
With head held high so free
For I did not disappoint nor did I forsake thee

With little lasting laurels
I crown my head barely
A few God given gift, one of poetry maybe

Dad today I smiled at last
Of thoughts that you've died
For finally I've realized... that God is at your side...

A previous poem, dedicated to my dad who truly loves a "smile" :)