Monday, July 2, 2007

Birthday Bash One More Time

Everyone has a day, special as the sun
Each of us celebrates one moment in time
From the day we let out our first fiesty cry
From the day we inflate our young expanding lungs

A day to date, a day to mark
All the things that happened in our past
Memories with misty eyes all embedded in our brains
Happy, lonely, light, or sunny sad affairs

But birthdays should be a day of thanks
For all the great, the bad and all the bright
For after all we'd given one more chance
To love, to care, to live or to sacrifice...

One may think otherwise, but this simple poem is just funny to me. Well, maybe bec. I think of humor most of the time as I wrote it. Life is serious, but life shouldn't be taken hard as it is already. This way, you'll win something. You can say, life knocked on my door but it never knocked me down, laughs. Oh well :) this makes me laugh, really. Thanks to those who are with me on this one :> but to those who doesn't, thanks just as well...