Sunday, July 22, 2007

The BEST PART: A Flower Feast for a Favorite Lady on her Fiesta Day








I'm a forever fan of flowers, all kinds, although I have some favorites. When my kids were in grade school our trek to the Phil. was always in June/July, their summer vacation, their time off from school. So we're always in attendance at the Feast Day of Our Mother of Perpetual Help in Baclaran. One was memorable from the rest. When all of the novenas were done around 9:00 PM, one time, they let us go near the altar inside, where the priests were officiating mass. I remember myself gazing up at that blessed picture, so near in my face. Amazing and awesome. Seems like I was near heaven, then. I thought that could be repeated this year but no luck. Instead, colorful and beautiful flowers adorned all over the front part, at the altar, very pretty flowers were in place. Rows and rows of them. I was again amazed. This shows how devoted people are to our beloved mother. Flowers of worship and of love. She deserves every petals in every stems of each one of them. Even only in flowers we can try to say our thanks, even only in flowers. With the hope that each fragrance, each aroma of these blooms will reach her up and beyond in that sunlit sky, in her throne up there that we only can imagine...but again that's not even enough to say our thanks, I think...no measure of returns can ever matched what she had done for us, she who had given birth to our Saviour and Lord Jesus, although we can always try...and by that alone I also think she'll understand...:)