Thursday, September 20, 2007

The View in my Window Sill

Just woke up after a night's sound sleep
Jump out of bed with hands in my eyes and head
Blinded by the warm daylight, the sun's rays
Beaming brightly sipping through the curtains

Leaves sway gently in stems of my Sycamore tree
Tall, sturdy all filled with greenery
A soothing warm umbrella to the weary
Whose eyes so drenched, tired and weepy

Fall's fresh air blowing soft, caressing a pale face
Cold, tingly but a welcome change
With heart awakened and ready
To face another problem of this God given day

Suddenly my attention shifted to the edge
Playful birds chirping and dancing on top of the hedge
Ran to my room and grabbed my lens
My camera ready to capture this magic moment

But gone are they in a flash
As I steadied my hands to shot, to catch
Dismayed, sad of this lost chance
To capture a picture dear to my heart

Of small brown winged birds chirping in a group
Seemingly dancing hushed in a hoop
With beaks so prominently semi-looped
With heads so little, merrily moving, boldly cute... :)