Sunday, August 12, 2007

"George" a reminder of dog gone days...





I LOVE DOGS! since I was a very little kid. "Bulldog" was our very lovable and very domesticated male dog then and "Spotty" was his mom. We had them for more than ten years. Bulldog's color was brown, with whitish spots all over his front and back and with that thick silky fur that's so soft like a linen. We used to cuddle him so often while his tail was all wagging up back and forth in the air, a sign and a show of his total comfort and devotion to us. Then his saliva came drooling out, so gross, but hey, we just made sure not to be splashed with it. Then came this unusual sound that he makes like he's in cloud nine with us. Yeah, those were the days then. I still love dogs but bec. of Michael I'm really not into having any around. Michael likes to pinch and it will be a big trouble if it happens to be a dog he's pinching. So we have to pass on having the man's best friend in the house. "Mom, can I have a rabbit then" this is J.C. bugging me all the time. So to keep him out of my way, I'll say, "Okay, I'll think about it", laughs, but that will be forever until he forgets about it, laughs, or until next time that we will pass a pet store again :) Oh well. I'm tired of listening to him bugging me about buying a pet, which we can't bec. of his brother's condition. So that's that, no dogs for us which is kinda sad...
*
And George is the dog at St. Michael's church. He was with the guard of this church this year and last year, I clearly remember, so I took some shots this vacation. Very cute and cuddly dog, really. Although he needs a little grooming here as you can see, laughs. But Bulldog was more cuter as far as I can recall. And yeah, the cute little puppy was my sister's dog then, (but I considered him to be mine too, laughs)...pics taken when I was just 26 years old, during my first ever vacation in the Phil. after leaving the country and I'm very old now you know :) same as Madonna, Michael Jackson and the list goes on and on...old really, very true, while you go through my pics, another reason to wear sunglasses, laughs. Oh well...
*
The security guard was very kind and generous for he let me took snapshots of George. A church dog in my memory now and strangely enough the name of our president too, who cited Jesus as his favorite person, the one whom he admired when questioned in those presidential debates. And that was the magic I think that sent him to the White House for Al Gore won the most votes here, even mine. But Bush won Florida where his brother was Governor then, so he garnered the most votes in electorates where they based the winner here in the U.S. Each state has a number of electoral votes depending on their population count and George Bush won Florida with divine intervention? or cheating? hmn. It's done, a history now so I better stop, laughs, for it does not matter anymore...but I wish Al Gore will run for Pres. again :)