Wednesday, June 15, 2011

the cast of aida of manila



if i am in manila i will be watching "aida" the musical, filipino style. i know it will be fun. i was surprised because josh santana is also in the cast? he was the very handsome partner of carol banawa in one teleserye that i watched then. this young guy looked wholesome and very guapo :) i know all of you will agree. i think he went to school after the teleserye if i remember right. young ladies, he is a catch if he is not already taken :> pics nicked from the www aka, girlie rodis' for the musical's promotion...and this guy even released an album titled, eres tu...i went to itunes and see if i can buy his "historia de un amor" version but nada. now i will see if i can buy his album when i'm in pinas, no. 2 things that i wanna do on next vacation :)...a cute handsome guy plus adorable :> i'm sure that he is not short of choices for GF's like when one is "lost" lots of replacements naman diba ;) "journey of a smile" one of his songs, maybe that will replace "historia de un amor"...(^&*)...

wow, aida is really a sad love story because of its ending. but aida showed that it is better to die besides your beloved than live life without him... hmn, how romantic... but how many like aida's do we still have in this universe at this time? pls. count me out, laughs. gosh! it is only a man made opera but who knows when presented with a true to life scenario, no one knows really what we will do for the one we truly love...sacrifice, giving them their happiness, dying with them or for them as well...of course :) and i'm thinking bagay na bagay na theme song nito pala this on going tune, (^&*). sad, thought provoking, soulful...plus the title,"L Appuntamento" by Ornella Vanoni, the appointment in the tomb or grave by the 2 lovers, alive, where they died together...what was verdi thinking! i don't like it, laughs.

L'appuntamento (English) Lyrics

I was wrong so many times till this point and I already know it
that today almost certainly
I am wrong on your behalf but one more time
what can change in my life
accept this strange date
was madness
I am sad between the people
that go by me
but the nostalgia to see you again
is more powerful than crying
this sun lights up on my face
a sign of hope
I am waiting when suddenly
I will see you appear from a far
Love, hurry up, I can't resist...
if you don't arrive I don't exist
I don't exist,I don't exist...
the weather has changed and it rains
but I keep on waiting
I don't care what the world thinks of me
I don't want to go away
I look inside me and I ask
but I don't hear anything
I am only a left-over of hope
lost between the people
Love it's already late and I don't resist
if you don't arrive I don't exist
I don't exist, I don't exist
lights, cars, shop-windows, roads, streets
everything gets mixed up in my mind
my shadow is tired to follow me
the day dies slowly
There is nothing else left than going back home
to my sad life
this life that I wanted to give to you
you have crumbled her between your fingers
Love, excuse me but I can't resist
now forever I don't exist
I don't exist, I don't exist