Saturday, December 19, 2009

looking beyond christmas trees

Anchorage, Alaska...the first American territory I've landed then and that is more than 2 decades ago early October. more than half of my life is lived in this country of lots of states now, laughs... i was thinking then, how do the U.S. looked like? i was greeted merrily by my co-workers at the airport. but upon arrival at the house which was given to us for rent by Mt. Carmel, the hospital that petitioned us for an H-1 working visa i felt so sad and start crying for i remembered my family in the Philippines and the distance dividing us now...yes, sadness unsurpassed but i got used to it as days, months and years moved on. now i have two countries and when i arrived on both lands it instantly felt home :) no more tears but just a faint smile. life is a change, life is a celebration, like Christmas...and yes, as if it is a coincidence, Mt. Carmel church is just a throw away from my brod's place in New Manila, a must visit church for me every time i am in my country of origin. correlation, connection and divine intervention, that sums up a life, mine :)

and yes, the best gift of Xmas for me is the time given to us once again by God. another year of an invitation, another year of life to spend with our love ones. another year of ecstatic, joyful and blessed celebration of the birth of Christ. this truly made me smile today as i reminisce once again this holiday of love and celebration which is upon us in a few days. greetings to all...all the very best... Merry Christmas :)