Thursday, October 16, 2008

104 flowers in my garden by mitchell

had won 3 awards per artist including first prize...no wonder for it is a painting of joy or happiness, to me at least. the flower fanatic me :)

What is Love?... by Shepherd

"What is love?" an old friend asked
I smiled as if I knew
A friendly, smiling, knowing look
And all because of you
I told him ‘bout the good times
We’d shared throughout the years
I told my friend what love is
As I brushed away the tears!

I told him ‘bout the pretty girl
I met on Peach Tree Street
And you gently entered in
And made my life complete
The loveliness of little things
You’d whisper in my ears
I told my friend what love is
As I brushed away the tears.

I told him ‘bout the home we built
And how we lost it all
And how you stood right by my side
Dirt poor, but walking tall!
The way you’d hold me in the night
And calm my doubts and fears
I told my friend what love is
As I brushed away the tears.

I brushed away those happy tears
And I could not help but smile
For true love is eternal
I must endure a little while
My friend had kept his silence
Then he ordered two more beers
And drank a toast to the luckiest man
He’d seen in many years!

Yes, we drank a toast to the luckiest man
We’d seen in many years!