Monday, March 21, 2011

My garden, in fall, summer and spring

The velvety curtain touched my hands
Soft, silky and gentle as a hair's golden strand
Quietly, silently I pull the string entwined
Here comes a glorious garden in my eyes

Fresh spring air rushes in like a wind swept tide
I smell the pine's sweet scent between the blinds
Grass clippings swirled as a lawnmower sliced
Spreading aromas in mints and rosemaries in their primes

Pink, purple tulips peak out the earth
Plus reds, blues, yellows and lavenders
Daffodils in whites so frail and bright
As tall columbines sprout above the grass

Here comes summer with lovely evergreens
Cosmoses, roses, lilies and clematises
Colorful as a magic rainbow on a rainy day
While a shimmering sunrise peeps beyond that distant tree

Then autumn came as days grew short
The colors in my garden turned subdued
Reds, oranges mixed with hazy hues
Caressed my private landscape now turned gold...