Sunday, June 15, 2008

Dad Divine



"Frosted flakes in that window pane,
Sturdy stems of evergreens,
Wind swept shadow in my window glass,
Peeping softly, and as silent
As my beating heart"... that is my dad, visiting :)

Dad passed away 19 years ago at this time at the dawn of a new coming year. Instead of celebrations we were in our darkest hours then. Same time every year and every birthday of his, even what place or where I am, driving or what not, my tears start to roll down like a river of dropping rain...as I remember him. So gentle and so kind of a man. He was the one who told me to always "smile" no matter what and at any given time. But not on this occassion for I simply can't...

Visiting my dad's grave, 07-02-'07 was the one that I did on my birthday, for we did celebrate on 7-01-'07 already, a Sunday, for my friends and relatives' convenience, an off day for them from work...bringing back my first ever very short poem dedicated to my dad then....
***
MEMORIES are the only ones we have now, but still we treasure the GOOD TIMES we had with you...it's YOUR DAY today...although with sadness that you're not around anymore, may you rest in peace, PAPANG...we love you...and we miss you...(6-15-08)