Thursday, April 5, 2007

On Top of a Hill, a Cross, a Crown and Calvary and On Kings and Queens


CONNECTIONS AND CORRELATIONS. This is really weird and come to think of it, it's the most holiest of weeks. I was googling the lyrics of "The Old Rugged Cross" to come hand in hand with my holy week music blog entry of the same title but lo and behold, check this... http://synergy_2.tripod.com/lyrics/ruggedc1.html I don't even have to post my music for it came with it, pls. CLICK the link, and wait for a few seconds for the tune itself :) The saddest music I've ever heard in my entire life, "The Old Rugged Cross" and this was dating back in the elementary grades, right the same year I was crowned a Queen for a night, laughs. See the pic? I have proof :> And Percy was the King. This pic was given to me just not too long ago by my teacher Mrs. Casiano, Percy's mom also. That 'remembrance' penmanship on the pic is hers, my teacher's handwriting :)

Now if you look at the bottom of the lyrics, if you've CLICKED the link, this music was written HERE in Michigan of all places, laughs. And now to make the story more complicated, Mrs. Casiano dressed me in a blue semi- Maria Clara outfit then, I still remember that dress clearly :) like I was the Virgin Mary in that play when we went downtown to show it one Holy Week, a long time ago. Jesus was dead, nailed on the cross and I was in distress as His mother. With this music being sang in the background. Gosh! What a very nice memory! And up to this day, me and my teacher still writes to one another. She had four sons and she said she does consider me as the daughter, she never had. She always ends her letters to me as "your mom" funny isn't it? She is on her 80's now and her husband just died this year, very sad. But truly this song's melody is so melancholy, mournful and mesmerizing at the same time. It touched my heart like no other song did, very fitting for this week entry on my journal. And in the process I've gotten more. Memories that no money can buy...plus that feeling that I've been a queen even for a moment and even for just once, however short of a period that is, maybe. Truly a treasure to keep... in my heart, in my mind and in my memories. I truly consider myself very lucky indeed. And thank God for that :) Aside from "O Holy Night" I have another inspiration to go back to the piano, laughs. If I can find that tape I'll let you listen to me playing this lovely X-mas song, which made my piano teacher then gasped in dismay for it's a level 3 piece and I'm only starting, meaning me jumping or escaping the basics when I told her that this is the music or first piece that I want to learn and I did, laughs, believe it or not. In fact I sent that tape as a gift to my Madonna like benefactor awhile back. The nerve of me isn't it? laughs. Just want to give her an original thing from me, that's why, laughs, for originality counts big time for me, look at my blog's name :) Not a copy cat :> Oh well...the truth.

The King of Kings, Jesus, wore a crown made of thorns. That made me feel so little and ashamed wearing a tiara on my head in this pic then, but I do share His cross in my life as I see Michael everyday, not only during Lenten season. And with His help I'm doing my very best to carry it. I know I needed His help all the time...to lift this heavy burden on my shoulders, emotionally and physically too, this if you've noticed the purplish bluish marks that Michael made on my arms :) but as I've said life goes on and it could have been a lot worst, like if he is wheelchair bound and besides there are a lot of others besides me in this very challenging predicament. So no time for self pity here, for life goes on. "Smile even though your heart is aching" as that famous song goes, so that is what you see in my pics :> A cheat? I don't think so, just making myself feel a little better here, laughs. Hope you agree :)