Thursday, May 6, 2010

the winner takes it all...1...



i dream in pink

it was a mind of
half full glasses
and empty hands
it was a mind clothed
by a raggedy dress
so cheap and not
that linen kind
it was a mind
void of pain but filled
with awe and of
soaring butterflies.

the breeze was still
so young and fresh then
the wind was just blowing
so gently in my chin
not strong enough
like a hurricane that howls
and carry you away
not strong enough to pry me off
from my paradise
my dream land ecstasy.

the years have aged
the earth had turned
so many times hence
but still my eyes
are stucked with pink
still my brain is hooked
and clicked in pink and
i'm afraid that it's for always
that i dream in pink.

i can't see violence
and sin around me
i can't think of the devil
that surrounds me
maybe because the pink of love
had thrown them all away
for me to see, maybe...

all the awards and our admirations :)...thanks gemma, top art (age under 15)...and thanks meghan, (age under 10, pink flowers) for your award winning paintings...very uplifting :>

with the fire burning hot in the political front of Philippine politics now a days the winner will take it all. may the deserving servant wins. in honesty and in peaceful means for the sakes of my country of birth's progress which is long over due btw. you might think and believe that politics can do that precisely but politics could hinder growth as well...the Philippines' fate as case in point, it is lagging behind most of its Asian neighbors economic wise and still a third world country no matter what kind of efforts put to bear by some meaningful politicians. the solution is the change to the so called parliamentary form of government where there is a prime minister and a president. the check and balances scenario that will exist between the two will certainly deter if not cut totally the appetite for corruption of our politicians but this is not accepted by most in the Philippines. one may wonder why...