Sunday, August 7, 2011

what a wonderful sight, a bird & a butterfly :)






here are my winged friends right in front of me today at my window seeping nectar or plain flying over saying hello? and enjoying my few summer blooms. the joy of gardening are these unexpected visits, fast but sweet...a bird and a butterfly. the golden yellow lovely insect sucking a thistle bloom. a thistle is the flower equivalent to the crown of Jesus Christ because of its thorns, as roses is the flower of the Virgin Mary :) and no the thistle just grew out of nowhere, meaning i did not plant it. i was tempted to cut it but when i googled this plant i learned about its resemblance which is Jesus Christ's crown of thorns. and the Virgin Mary in flower symbols of roses in front of my front window, and the thistle, they both make me smile every time i open my window curtain. i told myself, what a lucky day :>...pls. click images to enlarge so you could see a bird in flight, the no. 2 pic on top :) plus an amazing victory winged-shaped butterfly, the bottom one. very nice :) and that top bird was flying literally into my face poking at the glass window. what? saying hi? to me :) very  lovely if that is the case, laughs. wow! now how can i ever stop blogging when there are so many beautiful things like these to blog about...(^&*)...i dunno, blame it on mother nature...

unexpected visits, unexpected smiles

i look out at my window
and here you are
buzzing and flying
capturing my fickle mind
you just know
how to set a trap
to entice me to never stop
to record these memories
that won't happen again
for it will be gone

one click of the shutter
one second had elapsed
one point of a lense
and here you are
captured for eternity
one frame at a time
life lived one bright summer
when the sun was all shine
but as we know
there are clouds lurking by
ready to pour its rain
as it trickles
as it dampens one's spirit
yours and mine

why can we all be smiles
when life is so fun
it is just day and night
as our earth turns over
there are bumps and highs
as there are tears and laughter
until we all say goodbye
as we become mere skulls
and bones of the past
as others are born
and welcomed after us

why can there be death
when life is a blast
tell me how can we dodge
such fate, such sadness
and suffering
tell me how...