Sunday, September 14, 2008

the best people in the best of times

old and spent your eyes
before me still twinkle
like a star
a former teacher
a former professor
a former mentor
of my life

gaunt and hesitant
in your stride
your mind though
is still hot and brilliant
like the sun
a former semi-mom
a fairy godmother
a perpetual help
in my life

to you my teacher
not old but former teacher
to you my mentor
not old but 93 years young
you are now
at the final stages of life
which EVERYONE
no exception
will be there in time
will be there to face
the music that God
will play for us at hand

i adore you
i love you
i'll never forget you
till the end of time...

isn't it so sad that we thought that we can use as a weapon the ages of our enemies or the enemies of our loveones. my MOTHER with her wisdom always say, "be careful with what you despise bec. in hindsight you might be in their shoes, someday, sooner or later" as in you will get old too eventually like everyone else, no exception... and one younger than you in the future might play the game that you are playing now :) so to all of you my "former" professors, as if anyone is reading this, laughs, i thank you all for your brain power transferred into mine and more for i try not to be tactless and disrespectful of others, younger or older than me :)...for I've known it a long time ago... that my own WORDS defines ME, and not respecting people with MENIAL? but respectful jobs such as maids and security guards and not putting them down will bode well in my resume as a human being. and this is not being LOUD but being frank in my assessment of what kind of a human being you, me and all of us are...yes, i try not to use similes to hide the true meaning of my words for that is being mean and coward...i'll just say that i face the music and try to dance with it the best that i can. loud, soft, my tune or your tune, laughs. oh well. so there goes a piece of my mind for all to read as if i have readers here except my brother, laughs. there is none? so am i safe with what i'm typing here? that my friend is only for the heavens to really know for sure :) and or as usual you'll be used and abused and make fun of in peoples' pens and pads :) not good, right? well at least you are helping them put food in their tables no matter how you dice or slice it and that is a fact and with that i can smile inspite of the slight. not bad, for who could have thought that with insults hurled on you, you are feeding people? for that is a winning train of thought :) so pls. don't stop :> bring it on then as they say...i wonder what more are there to come? laughs. i never thought that life could be a game too, yup never :) and truly i just don't want to play any of that, laughs. oh well. for i want to be like my FORMER teacher...the best person for all times not only on the best of times...and what a coincidence for i was mentioned in not a flattering way recently as a professor somewhere but really that is so high of a calling that my lowly self could not even rise to. but hey to you thanks just the same...for i take that as a compliment even how unkind you put it to be :) and what else are out there to mention...let's just say that I'm just targeting the obvious for now, laughs. but really it is just me at the end of the day, how i see things, life and interpret words and it might differ from yours so that's that...just a waste noticing it really. but i have plenty of time to kill so that is the reason why, laughs. so pardon myself :) or maybe there are enemies of a writer, an old professor that are at odds with a younger writer and I'm being dragged into it as well to slight me for their lady loves, hmn. just a thought, laughs. oh well. i read minds so pls. beware, i am madam auring sometimes, that is when the weather is right :) and yes i better wear my "bracelet" with a crucifix in it to remind me of being good and kind always :) and yeah, now I'm thinking this person might be in dream land, that school is still here...that "new" professors are still in the horizon? hmn although we all know that this is not the case. so ergo, the word was deliberately used, to slight and to demean? and come to think of it this person in not young as well. bec. if this person is young then you have a valid reason for this slip? of the pen that is, for some young folks' thoughts are on short distances, and that is a metaphor, no offend to the young, okay? but my friend, you are measured on how you measure others as they say and that is another metaphor for you, hope you learn your lesson but there is also this saying that old dogs do not learn new tricks anymore and with the looks of it this will be the case, so life goes on as usual... ignore it :) yeah that is "the mantra" i need to keep that in mind next time, laughs. oh well!