Saturday, October 3, 2009

i opened the box



the mailman is whistling
an unknown lullaby to my ears
the box he was carrying
is my concern and all i cared
it's taped all over and all around
the color it had you can't even tell

the door bell rang and off i go
i opened the door
with great smile and awe
the box is here your gift in tow
what could it be that
you're cooking so true

my hands rammed the ribbons
and torn all the bows
my eyes couldn't wait to
see what it showed
to my surprise there's
nothing inside
it's all but empty
for all that build up

we could have wished
and prayed for the stars
we could have sunbathed
in a beach
and worshipped the sun
we could have planted a garden
in paradise
we could have visited a church
it sure will be better than that

an egg cooked in a hot boiling bath
it's tasteless and useless
unless you put
mayonnaise, tomatoes, lettuce
and love...