Wednesday, August 5, 2009

sister Elisa and a rosary...


"I wish you not a path devoid of clouds,
Nor a life on a bed of roses,
not that you might never need regret,
nor that you should never feel pain
No, that is not my wish for you.

My wish for you is:
That you might be brave in times of trials,
when others lay crosses upon your shoulders.
When mountains must be climbed,
and chasms are to be crossed.

When hope can scarce shine through
That your gift God gave you
Might grow along with you
and let you give the gift of joy
to all who cares for you.

That you may always have a friend
who is worth that name
Whom you can trust, and who helps
you in times of sadness
Who will defy the storms
of daily life at your side.

One more wish I have for you
that in every hour of joy and pain
you may feel God close to you.

This is my wish for you,
and all who cares for you.
This is my hope for you,
Now and forever."
**** ****

author unknown...a Celtic wish and a blessing, lovely :) this rosary reminds me of sister Elisa, the kind and pretty nun who gave me one upon knowing of my coming here in the U.S. then. just sad that i don't know where it is now, i know it is hidden somewhere. i'll just have to look harder...