Sunday, February 19, 2012

slums in our midst



my house is silent but loud, my dreams are as damp and cold as the water that surrounds. my life is stripped of hope, my wish is for someone to notice my dirty and dusty road.

my clothes hang loosely to dry, my roof is patched and old, my food is stale and just leftovers i begged at dawn, my love ones are suffering, sick, and tired to the bones.

my eyes can't see the light, my head aches and full of thorns, my hair is filled with grime, my clothes tattered and torn, my body is tired and lost, my thin hands tremble with the cold as the rain falls and drops from those holes.

my house is unsteady and sways with the wind, my pillows are hastily patched with unwanted fabrics scattered around. my blanket smells like rotten rats, unwashed for weeks, life is hard.

so many of us live around like this
so many of us suffer silently in agony
so many of us are drained and doomed
so many of us needs help but are totally ignored...

we all have just one life to live. imagine living it in poverty...no it's not crocodile tears, i'm pretty sure if you cry for the poor that one must be true to your heart...i'm inclined to believe...(^&*)...but no one knows for sure really except you and God :)...all we can do is judge you by your actions of helping the disadvantaged, the downtrodden, the poor, the hungry and the likes not your words or tears :)...for so much lies happen in our lives. so much blinding fakes to make us fall into make believe worlds that do not exist. action speaks louder that words. so if you stick to this mantra you will know the truth :) you will be able to screen the play from the acts...and you will know the real...

compared to the rest of goodbyes, goodbye to poverty is never a sad time...